So a good buddy of mine was selling some Warhammer 40K stuff he didn't need.
So I messaged him and Lewis dropped the bits off this Wednesday evening. We chatted and discussed hobby stuff before he had to leave.
Then I went through everything. There were forty-two Primarus all told, a mix of some Intercessors, Reivers, Hellblasters, Inceptors and various character models including a Standard Bearer and Hero in Gravis Armour. All in all it was an amazing deal and I was super happy to get such great models.
So looking at them I noticed Lewis had started painting a few in a red scheme.
Just base colour and wash, but that gave me an idea to run those Primarus as an allied contingent of Flesh Tearers or another Blood Angel Successors Chapter.
The rest I sprayed using Army Painter Angels Green spray then I washed them with GW Nuln Oil. (I am still getting through some of the Reivers and Hellblasters right now)
The red Primarus, including some Intercessors, Inceptors and all the Heroes I will continue painting. Lewis did a good job of putting these models together and the fact he had started the painting on a few just made me think that it would be a waste to have to strip them when I could try out a new scheme.
So I have been painting them yesterday and today. Though I had been battling depression for a few months, I find hobby time is really helpful and relaxing. It keeps my mind calm and is a very good distraction from thinking about things that would otherwise cause me some turmoil.
I only mention this as I know some hobbyists struggle with Mental Health stuff and wanted to say that they are not alone. Its good to support each other and be helpful and kind.
The Wargaming Community can be a toxic place online sometimes but generally the gaming communities are full of great people and that is one of the things that always struck me about our hobby.
These is what I got from Lewis the other day.
Anyways some photos of what I am working on...
The Reivers and Hellblasters after two light coats of Army Painter Angels Green spray. It goes on very smooth but of course you need to make sure your ambient temperature and humidity are OK or it will affect your results.
These are the colours I am using on the armour of the Primarus.
This is after the third and final stage of progressively lighter drybrushing, now onto blacking out the other details.
Also a photo of those Dark Angels (DA) Primarus Intercessors I have been working on for the past week or so. They are 60-70% complete with just a few more details to be finished and the face of the Sergeant left to do. I am aiming for a good tabletop standard here, nothing super fancy.
This is it for tonight but I wish all of you a great few days! Till next Time Hobby Zoners farewell! :]