Tuesday 15 May 2018

Mayhem Tournament Part 2

So onto my Game 3, I played James who was running an Imperial Knights list, one close combat Knight which was his Warlord and two with Thermal Cannons.
As they could not hold Relics I had a big advantage as long as I could survive till turn 6.

My Land Raider and Deredeo focussed on one of the Knights on the right side, slowly chipping away at its wounds. Once the Knights closed on my position by turn 2, one of them close assaulted the Deredeo.

That did not end well and it was reduced to molten slag. The Land Raider survived a little longer inflicting some more wounds on that particular Knight.

(I figured the best way to deal with them was focus ALL my fire-power on a single Knight until it was destroyed and move on to the next one.)

My Deathwing had teleported down onto the central bunker roof where there was another Relic. They also focussed their fire-power on the Warlord Knight and after a full turn of shooting they destroyed it! However that Knight near the Chaplain moved towards them and killed them all in 2 turns of shooting.

So the Interrogator Chaplain and the Company Veterans on the left flank took some fire from one of the other Knights. By turn 4 only the Chaplain was left. There was a Relic quite close but the Knight nearby posed a real challenge.

This allowed the Chaplain to sneak in and grab the Relic. So by Turn 6 the Knight fired all its weapons at the Chaplain. Amazingly my Chaplain made ALL his saves and we then rolled to see if there would be a turn 7. However the game ended on turn 6 and I was of course holding a Relic which just won me the game.

The Chaplain was the sole survivor and honestly I was sure he would fail some of his armour saves. So Game 3 was a win for me!


My opponent James's 3 Knight list. Quite formidable!














No comments:

Post a Comment