Monday 20 August 2018

Welcome once again my dear Hobby Zoners!

So I was restless tonight and wanted to build another kit. So I went through my unbuilt kit stash and found some Tartarus Terminators from the Games Workshop 30K/40K range.
The kit is pretty easy to build and components are laid out in GWs usual logical manner.

One thing I will note is the legs come in two pieces and each set of legs goes together a certain way. 

So when you clip the parts out and put them on the worktop make sure you group them according to how they were on the sprue. This will help you put them together without mistakes later. The detail as I am used to with GW kits is crisp and precise with zero warping or defects.

You will need to prep them in the usual way (using a file/clippers and a sharp modelling knife, i also used superglue to facilitate a faster build), as there will be flash and some minor mould lines. 

These kits are some of the more recent from GW so exhibit more options on sprue.

Otherwise these were a pretty easy build and I put them together without instructions.
I tend to go for more dynamic or realistic poses and I feel that with multi part plastic kits, specifically infantry you need to take some time to ensure your models look realistically posed.
I feel it spoils the model to simply slap them together with no thought as to how a model should be standing and how it is holding any weapons and equipment.

I thought I would include a brief description from the GW site on these particular models.

Tactical Dreadnought Armour, or Terminator Armour as it is more usually known, is the most resilient form of personal protection available to the Adeptus Astartes. Originally developed during the closing years of the Great Crusade, and adapted from the heaviest of industrial gear, several types and patterns were developed concurrently. Perhaps the most advanced form is the Tartaros pattern, allowing for greater mobility than other examples of Terminator armour with no loss in durability or protection. (Copyright Games Workshop 2018)




Till next time Hobby Zoners!

No comments:

Post a Comment